Brightworks develops Rich Internet Applications that Entice, Inform & Empower Users
Technology is continually evolving. Businesses and users are coming to expect that applications will be both web-enabled and easy to use.
We design and implement solutions that meet these needs. We created our first Rich Internet Application (RIA) in 1999 (long before the term was invented) using Macromedia's Shockwave technology. We now specialize in the use of Adobe Flex to create RIAs and Adobe AIR to create web-enabled desktop and mobile applications.
Advantages of Adobe Flex & Adobe AIR
We recommend Adobe's Flex and AIR technologies because they offer these advantages:
- Flex RIAs are deployed using the ubiquitous Flash player. The vast majority of your users won't need to install anything in order to use your application.
- Flex RIAs work identically across platforms. Whether your users use a Mac, Windows or Linux operating system; whether they use IE, Firefox or Safari, the application we create for you will simply work.
- Flex enables rapid development with excellent ROI, fast time to market, and easier maintainance.
- Flex RIAs offer a dramatically improved user experience. They're are easier to use, more enjoyable, and more enticing than websites that use the traditional page-refresh paradigm.
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) technology allows Flex RIAs to be deployed as desktop applications, combining the advantages of desktop and web applications.
Working With Other Technologies
While Flex and AIR are great technologies, they aren't the whole answer in many cases. One of the great things about Flex is that it works harmoniously with AJAX and server-side technologies such as Java, .NET, PHP, etc.
About This Website
We invite you to use the menu on the left to find out a bit more about our company:
- Brightworks provides more information on our company and what our clients have to say about us.
- Projects provides details on some of the more interesting projects that we've implemented over the last decade.
- Technology is primarily a resource center for fellow geeks.
- Contact will give you the information you'll need to get in touch with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!